Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Funny Remark

To make an extremley long story short.....

Makenna's thumb has been really swollen, green, pussy (i know, gross) and a line started going up her arm. When I took her to the doctor, he said she had paronychia (do not google that word, you will be discusted). He gave her a shot right in it, cut it open, and drained it. He said to keep it wrapped up when she went to school until it started looking better.

After a week or so of wrapping, I decided to send her to school with no wrap. Halfway throught the day, she went to the nurses office and asked to get it wrapped because it was bothering her. "No." the nurse said..."Go back to class." As a mother you can imagine how mad I was that the nurse just blew her off, this is the conversation I had with Makenna when she got home...

Me: "There are two nurses, which one was it? '

Makenna: "I don't know, the one with braces."

Me: "I didn't know either one of them had braces, was she kind of heavy?"

Makenna: "I don't know, I have never carried her."

LOL. If you know Makenna, you know that she is extremley wise and logical, so to hear something so funny come out of her mouth is suprising!!!!

2 comments:

Todd&Mandy said...

Courtney…Oh my goodness, how are you? I saw the comment you left my sister! Email me your address so I can add you to my blog!!
amandaklysle@hotmail.com

Bradley Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO COURTNEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!